I am a marketing intern for the Jackson Hole Chamber of Commerce and plan to explore as much as possible of Wyoming while I am here. Here's my experience and view on life in Jackson for a Summer!

Thursday, May 31, 2012

5 Bucks for Lots of Bucking

Every Saturday and Wednesday night the local rodeo takes place on Snow King Avenue at 8 pm. Being too young to even remember the first time I saw one, I had to go. The rodeo participants range in age, and activities include bull riding, barrel racing, calf roping, and more. At one point I was lucky enough to get to stand in the area where the riders get on the bulls before they open the gate. I had no idea how much went into the process, and it was definitely nerve racking to be up close. New fact: bulls cannot run in circles well which is why the riders run in a circle when they are bucked off.


Taken from my phone so not the best shot.
Check out the website for more photos and ticket info:

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a blast. Rodeo time!! Id like to see you out there riding one megan :) haha

    ReplyDelete