I am a marketing intern for the Jackson Hole Chamber of Commerce and plan to explore as much as possible of Wyoming while I am here. Here's my experience and view on life in Jackson for a Summer!

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Trees Down?

When I lived in the Jackson Hole Lodge for the first half of my summer, a micro burst occurred and completely uprooted a tree right outside of our room. Another took off the covered area in front of the hotel's lobby. I have experienced plenty of tornadoes in Georgia, but this was a first.
View from our back door on Pearl Street
Last night, Leigh and I got back to Rafter J after going to the Tavern, and as we pulled in we saw yet another two trees laying outside the house that some wind took down that evening. For my first summer in Jackson I am certainly seeing a trend starting, and I am not sure what I think of it. At least we have yet to witness any serious damage I guess!

The first tree along the driveway

The 2nd along the backside of the house (it only crushed the flowers thankfully)

No comments:

Post a Comment