I am a marketing intern for the Jackson Hole Chamber of Commerce and plan to explore as much as possible of Wyoming while I am here. Here's my experience and view on life in Jackson for a Summer!

Monday, June 11, 2012

Boating With Bears

These weekends in Jackson just keep setting the bar higher. This past weekend I went to Jackson Lake again; however, this time, I ended up relaxing on a boat for the afternoon. After passing a moose on the way in and seeing a bald eagle fly above us, I thought my wildlife luck was about out for the day. Clearly it had just begun because someone in the boat suddenly spotted what we thought to be a moose swimming in the water... 



As we approached it in the boat, we came to find it was a grizzly bear!

Climbing out of the water on the other side.

Headed up the hill!

I guess if I end up in the water there this summer, I will be keeping a lookout for bears before jumping in. This just proves once again that a summer in Jackson is unlike anywhere else.

5 comments:

  1. I am currently visting Alaska and am dieing to see a bear!! That is so cool you saw one in its natural habitat! So Jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to see one it was to coolest thing ever!!! Especially since we got to watch it for so long from a pretty close view! I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

      Delete
  2. Black bear in Grand Teton National Park, not Yellowstone? But I'm psyched you're soaking up the summer. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. My mistake, glad you caught that. I am definitely soaking it up though, thank you!

    ReplyDelete