I am a marketing intern for the Jackson Hole Chamber of Commerce and plan to explore as much as possible of Wyoming while I am here. Here's my experience and view on life in Jackson for a Summer!

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Spain in a Night

Last night I was lucky enough to attend an event at The Liquor Store of Jackson Hole. A little side info: for anyone who doesn't shop there, you are missing out. It's not just any liquor store. From the moment you walk in you are greeted and helped, and on top of the awesome customer service, they offer frozen drinks, growlers, wine tastings, and an upstairs selection of nicer wines from numerous countries. The event I attended could be considered a taste tour of Spain. I tasted 10 different wines, ranging in $15-$90 dollar bottles, and a speaker explained how each one is made. Every single one was delicious, and they tasted even better with the chef's food. There were multiple courses consisting of paella, olives and cheese, sundried tomato spread, spanish spiced steak, and more. Basically, I was one of the luckiest college kids in all of Jackson last night because going from the same three lean cuisines to gourmet Spanish food and nice wine is definitely not your everyday experience. If anyone gets a chance to visit the liquor store and even join in on the next event, I highly recommend it! Who knows, you could get a taste of Italy next.
http://www.wineliquorbeer.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment